High-yield pulp manufacturing
- Tembec’s Matane facility manufactures high-yield hardwood pulp, used to make papers, paperboard and linerboard, and tissue and toweling.
- The mill’s new effluent treatment facility produces methane biogas, used as fuel in the mill's pulp-drying process, reducing the use of fossil fuels.
- Learn more about our high-yield pulp business.
- Learn more about Matane’s reduction in fossil fuel usage.
Matane is in Québec’s picturesque Gaspé region
- Matane is a town of 15,000 on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River with a port.
- The area offers excellent boating, fishing, birdwatching, cycling and hiking; as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling.
- The town and surrounding area are ‘must see’ attractions for visitors to the Gaspé.
- The shopping and services of a larger city, Rimouski, are an hour’s drive away.